The News Review:
- Moving Company Abandons Storage Unit Customers’ Possessions
- The moving sensation of business relocation.
- New 12GB 1-inch Perpendicular Hard Drive from Seagate enables more…
- Too Many New Gadgets Too Much Information at Risk
Moving Company Abandons Storage Unit Customers’ Possessions
News4Jax.com – Feb 21, 2006
– More than a dozen people including some members of the military trusted a company to store their belongings in a Jacksonville storage unit. However their possessions may soon be tossed out of the unit because the company they trusted bailed. The 20000-square foot unit was filled from the floor to the ceiling with all kinds of things but the company that rented the unit and put everything in it is being evicted.
The moving sensation of business relocation.
Free with registration – Frederick News-Post – AccessMyLibrary.com – Feb 21, 2006
(21-FEB-06) Frederick News-Post (Frederick MD). 21–FREDERICK — A moving company has moved from a site that has become a hole in the ground to a much larger location on Industry Lane. We Help-U-Move Inc.
New 12GB 1-inch Perpendicular Hard Drive from Seagate enables more…
Computerworld Australia – Feb 21, 2006
About SeagateSeagate is the worldwide leader in the design manufacture and marketing of hard disc drives providing products for a wide-range of Enterprise Desktop Mobile Computing and Consumer Electronics applications. Seagate’s business model leverages technology leadership and world-class manufacturing to deliver industry-leading innovation and quality to its global customers and to be the low cost producer in all markets in which it participates. The company is committed to providing award-winning products customer support and reliability to meet the world’s growing demand for information storage. Seagate was named 2006 Company of the Year by Forbes Magazine. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.
Too Many New Gadgets Too Much Information at Risk
New York Times – Feb 21, 2006
By buying equipment centrally for employees companies can set the devices to: Lock automatically if the wrong password is used. Restrict what kinds of files can be saved. Allow for over-the-air monitoring and erasing. Synchronize data to a single server so that inbound and outbound files can be tracked… Of course security breaches get the most attention when they happen at big companies. But as hardware and software prices have dropped in recent years small businesses are catching up to larger ones in terms of technology and vulnerability. By the end of the year smart phones with so much storage and processing power will represent about half of all cellphones in the United States compared with about 30 percent today Mr. The proliferation could get people in the habit of sending one another executable files like games which can carry viruses. More than that the success of devices that use.